Friday, June 17, 2005

Outmusic Awards 2005

So, I've been back in Baltimore for 4 days already and the boring glum of reality has sunk in. Between being really busy at work and play rehearsals at night, I've hardly time to do anything else, much less blog. But I figured I had to write about my trip to Chicago before it was just a distant memory. Well, I changed my mind, LOL. I'll just say that Chicago provided me with a much needed, relaxing, stress free break from life. It's a beautiful city and I could definitely live there ... except for the tundra winters they experience. If Baltimore is too cold a city 4 me, I don't think I'd ever leave the house in the winter if I lived in Chicago.

The Outmusic Awards were cute. Much smaller turnout than I had expected, but all of the performances were excellent. My favorites were the always incredible Justin Tranter (why he isn't an international superstar yet is beyond me), the legendary June Millington who won the Outmusic Heritage Award, Tori Fixx and the "poof posse", Nadine Guellner and Rachel Sage. Much props go out to Award winner Kitty Rose. I don't usually like country music, but that first song she sang just tore me to pieces it was so damned beautiful.

It was also great to see old faces like Roger Kuhn, Jed Star, JD Doyle of Queer Music Heritage and, of course, the guitar guru Robert Urban. Conspicuously absent was Aaron Carl (ok I forgive u, bitch) and Ed Mannix. Ed, where were you? It just wasn't the same without you there. U missed out on the Vox Vodka! But I think Jinx Titanic may have drank your portion.

My favorite non-singing moment was definitely Ari Gold's Halle Berry meltdown when he won his award. That was just 2 cute. Ran into sexy Ari and his uber cute manager Rich Overton in Boystown too. I hope I didn't say something stupid because I was pretty lit up and I know how stupid I get when I drink.

I wasn't nominated 4 anything this year, but at least they showed my video at the video showcase. I walked in just as it was playing, it was just too diva-ish.

Ok, I have 2 get back 2 work now. Wait! Halt! What about the boys in boystown you say? Well, I do have to keep some things 4 myself!

"I'm a mystic, I'm a superqueen." - Sacha Sacket, Battlefield

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home